FOR OUR TENANTS WE ARE DEDICATED TO:
- Make our best efforts to match them with a rental unit that will meet their needs and those of the Owner.
- Conscientiously abide by all fair housing statutes and regulations in screening and selecting tenants for all rental units.
- See that they are provided with a clean, safe and pleasant living or working environment that is properly maintained.
- Be available to them in a timely manner if they should have any needs or experience any problems.
- See that any needed repairs or maintenance, which is the responsibility of the Owner or Property Manager, is accomplished properly and in a timely manner.
- Make a sincere effort to act as a fair mediator should any problems arise concerning their rental unit.
THE PROCESS FOR DEVELOPING TENANTS VARIES SOMEWHAT DEPENDING ON THE TYPE OF RENTAL
Residential rentals vary from the commercial office space in that one is to be a home and the other a place of business. The goals of the Owner of the various types of rentals may also vary. The following is an outline of Mountain Home Property Management’s tenant processing, applicable to all properties.
- Advertising is a key to finding the right tenant. If needed we utilize local area newspapers, Face book groups and the business website to advertise rentals.
- The screening process begins with a preliminary interview to ascertain needs. Included in the screening is the requirement of a written application and in case of commercial office tenants, a history of their business activities and business references.
- The screening process includes full background checks, job stability, income, credit report and we contact personal references and landlords.
- Having passed the criteria for a tenancy, a rental agreement or lease is prepared for the signature of the tenant. The first month’s rent and security deposit are collected before the tenant is given occupancy.